The programme Education, Scholarships, Apprenticeship and Youth Entrepreneurship whose objective is to improve human capital and knowledge base aims at strengthening human capital, supporting the development of 21st century competences and creative economy (industry), improving the relevance of education and training to the real environment, and encouraging the development of supportive measures for inclusion in life and work of specific groups that are excluded or have limited access to support systems. Furthermore, the programme encourages the development of measures facilitating the reconciliation between work and family life at the local level, and strengthening the capacity of institutions for good governance, cross-sectoral and inter-ministerial cooperation.
The Ministry of Cohesion and Regional Development is acting as the Programme Operator of the programme Education, Scholarships, Apprenticeship and Youth Entrepreneurship.
The responsibilities and tasks of the Programme Operator include:
- ensuring the implementation of the programme in line with the objectives and results of the EEA and Norway Grants;
- selection of projects under the programme;
- monitoring the implementation and achievement of projects’ outputs and achievements in meeting the expected objectives of the programme;
- planning, disbursement and use of funds for the purposes of the programme;
- reporting to donor states, National Focal Point and other entities on the implementation and progress of the programme;
- implementation of measures to prevent, reduce and eliminate irregularities in the implementation of the programme;
- providing information to the public on the existence, objectives, implementation and achievements of the programme and on cooperation with donor states and other entities.