The programme Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation aims to accelerate planning, strengthen institutional capacity and support the implementation of pilot/demonstration measures that contribute to climate change mitigation and adaptation at local, regional and national levels. With these measures the programme focuses on sustainable mobility, restoration of the Natura 2000 Network ecosystems, circular economy, and promotion of use of geothermal energy and other less well-established renewable energy sources.
The Ministry of Cohesion and Regional Development is acting as the Programme Operator of the programme Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation.
The responsibilities and tasks of the Programme Operator include:
- ensuring the implementation of the programme in line with the objectives and results of the EEA and Norway Grants;
- selection of projects under the programme;
- monitoring the implementation and achievement of projects’ outputs and achievements in meeting the expected objectives of the programme;
- planning, disbursement and use of funds for the purposes of the programme;
- reporting to donor states, National Focal Point and other entities on the implementation and progress of the programme;
- implementation of measures to prevent, reduce and eliminate irregularities in the implementation of the programme;
- providing information to the public on the existence, objectives, implementation and achievements of the programme and on cooperation with donor states and other entities.