COMPLAINT MECHANISM − REPORTING ON IRREGULARITIES (IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE EEA AND NORWAY GRANTS REGULATIONS 2014−2021, ARTICLE 12.7)
The EEA and Norway Grants has zero tolerance policy on corruption and mismanagement. Its implementation is based on the promotion of good governance and the principles of transparency, accountability and cost efficiency.
Alerts on suspicions of serious deviations from the principles of good governance or irregularities in the implementation of the EEA and Norway Grants in Slovenia may be submitted to the National Focal Point (NFP), Ministry of Finance in the role of the Irregularities Authority or Financial Mechanism Office. Please provide as much detail as possible about the information you have, to ensure proper referral. The elements received will be handled with confidentially. Within 10 business days, you will be given a response on the referral given to the complaint. You may choose to make anonymous complaints, but in this case you will not receive any response.
Complaints that may be submitted:
- mismanagement of Programme’s Funds;
- misconduct of the Programme Operators Managers;
- duality of criteria applied by the Programme Operators.
Situations that should not be submitted:
- requests for appeal on the decision on the admissibility of an application;
- complaints about approval or rejection of an application;
- complaints about decisions on eligibility of expenditure.
For reporting irregularities, please contact the following address: