The National Focal Point (NFP) represents Slovenia in its relations with the donor states regarding the implementation of the EEA and Norway Grants 2014–2021 in Slovenia. The Government Office for Development and European Cohesion Policy is acting as the NFP.
The responsibilities and tasks of the NFP include:
- ensuring the programmes contribute to the objectives of the EEA and Norway Grants;
- monitoring the implementation of the EEA and Norway Grants in Slovenia;
- monitoring the progress of the implementation of programmes financed from the EEA and Norway Grants in Slovenia;
- reporting to donor states and other entities on the implementation and progress of programmes and any irregularities;
- implementation of measures to prevent, reduce and eliminate irregularities in the implementation of programmes financed from the EEA and Norway Grants in Slovenia;
- providing information to the public on the existence of the EEA and Norway Grants, their objectives, implementation and overall impact in Slovenia;
- establishment and chairing the Joint Committee for Bilateral Funds;
- coordinating the use of funds for technical assistance with the donor states.