National Focal Point
The tasks of the National Focal Point (NFP) are carriedout by the Government Office for Development and European Cohesion Policy.
NFP is responsible for the management and control of the EEA and Norway grants 2014–2021 implementation.
The responsibilities of the NFP are:
- overall responsibility for the achievement of the objectives of both financial mechanisms and for the use of the funds, financial supervision and audit;
- responsibility for calls for proposalsa and receiving and selecting project proposals which are submitted to the Financial Mechanism Office (FMO);
- concluding agreements with the project promoters to ensure correct implementation of projects;
- ensuring adequate implementation and control of projects;
- chairing the Joint Committee for Bilateral Funds;
- ensuring regular reporting to the FMO on the implementation of programmes financed under the EEA and Norway grants and prompt communication on any irregularities;
- providing information to the public on the existence of the Norwegian and EEA Financial Mechanism, their objectives, implementation and overall impact in Slovenia;
- ensuring full commitment and capacity of Project operators for successful implementation of projects, programmes and other specific forms of grants;
- keeping all documentation regarding the projects implemented under the EEA and Norwegian Financial Mechanisms.