National Focal Point
The tasks of the National Focal Point (NFP) are carried-out by the Government Office for Development and European Cohesion Policy.
NFP is responsible for the management and control of the EEA and Norway grants 2009–2014 implementation.
The responsibilities of the NFP are:
- overall responsibility for the achievement of the objectives of both financial mechanisms and for the use of the funds, financial supervision and audit;
- calls for proposals, receiving and selecting project proposals to be submitted to the Financial Mechanism Office (FMO);
- concluding agreements with the applicants to ensure correct implementation of projects;
- ensuring adequate implementation and control of projects;
- chairing the Monitoring Committee;
- ensuring regular reporting to the FMO on the implementation of programmes financed under the EEA Financial Mechanism and prompt communication on any irregularities;
- giving specific information on available funds and informing the general public about the programmes implemented under the EEA Financial Mechanism;
- ensuring full commitment and capacity of project operators for successful implementation of projects, programmes and other specific forms of grants;
- keeping all documentation regarding the projects implemented under the EEA and Norwegian Financial Mechanisms.